1. Decousus H, Quere I, Presles E, et al. Superficial venous thrombosis and venous thromboembolism: a large, prospective epidemiologic study. Ann Intern Med. 2010;152(4):218-224.
2. Prandoni P, Tormene D, Pesavento R. Vesalio Investigators Group. High vs. low doses of low-molecular-weight heparin for the treatment of superficial vein thrombosis of the legs: a double-blind, randomized trial. J Thromb Haemost. 2005;3(6):1152-1157.
3. Decousus H, Prandoni P, Mismetti P, et al. Fondaparinux for the treatment of superficial-vein thrombosis in the legs. N Engl J Med. 2010;23;363(13):1222-1232.
4. Cosmi B, Filippini M, Tonti D, et al. A randomized double-blind study of low-molecular-weight heparin (parnaparin) for superficial vein thrombosis: STEFLUX (Superficial ThromboEmbolism and Fluxum). J Thromb Haemost. 2012;10(6):1026-1035.
5. Beyer-Westendorf J, Schellong SM, Gerlach H, et al. Prevention of thromboembolic in patients with superficial-vein thrombosis given rivaroxaban or fondaparinux: the open-label, randomized non-inferiority SURPRISE phase 3b trial. Lancet Hematol. 2017;4:e105-e113.
6. C Kearon, E A. Akl, A J Comerota, et al. Antithrombotic Therapy for VTE Disease: Antithrombotic Therapy and Prevention of Thrombosis, 9th ed: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines. Chest. 2012;141(2suppl):e419S-e494S.
7. Cohen AT, Davidson BL, Gallus AS, et al. Efficacy and safety of fondaparinux for the prevention of venous thromboembolism in older acute medical patients: randomised placebo controlled trial. BMJ. 2006;332(7537):325-329. 8. Veeramootoo D, Harrower L, Saunders R, et al. Prophylaxis of venous thromboembolism in general surgery: guidelines differ and we still need local policies. Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2011;93(5):370-374.
9. Y Falck-Ytter, C W Francis, N A Johanson, et al. Prevention of VTE in Orthopedic Surgery Patients Antithrombotic Therapy and Prevention of Thrombosis, 9th ed: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines. Chest. 2012;141(2 Suppl): e278S-e325S.
10. Rahn DD, Mamik MM, Sanses TV, et al. Venous thromboembolism prophylaxis in gynecologic surgery: a systematic review. Obstet Gynecol. 2011;118(5):1111-1125.
11. Brenner B, Bar J, Ellis M, et al. Effects of enoxaparin on late pregnancy complications and neonataloutcome in women with recurrent pregnancy loss and thrombophilia: results from the Live-Enox study. Fertil Steril. 2005;84(3):770-773.
12. Spyropoulos AC, Brotman DJ, Amin AN, et al. Prevention of venous thromboembolism in the cancer surgery patient. Cleve Clin J Med. 2008;75 Suppl 3:S17-26.
13. S Kahn, W Lim, A S Dunn, et al. Prevention of VTE in Nonsurgical Patients Antithrombotic Therapy and Prevention of Thrombosis, 9th ed: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines. Chest. 2012; 141(2 Suppl): e195S-e226S.
14. Villalta S, Prandoni P, Cogo A, et al. The utility of non-invasive tests for detection of previous proximal-vein thrombosis. Thromb Haemost. 1995;73(4):592-526.